Who we are
We are registered as Black Woman In HR – BWHR LTD registration number 12770848 and Black Women In HR C.I.C registration number 13081173 Our registered address is London SE1 5ET. Any member of the BWHR team may act as data controller of your personal data.
Data We Collect
We only collect personal data relevant to the type of transactions or interactions that you have with BWHR, we may collect, use, store and transfer personal data about you as follows:
1. Personal data
2. Contact Data
3. Financial Data includes bank account and payment card details.
4. Transaction Data includes details about payments to and from you and other details
of products and services you have purchased from us.
5. Your IP Address
6. Profile Data includes your username and password, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, and feedback and survey responses.
7. Usage Data about how you use our website, products and services.
8. Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and affiliated partners.
How We Collect Your Data
We use different methods to collect data from you and including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity, Contact and Financial Data by filling in forms or by corresponding with us by, phone, forms and email This includes personal data you provide when you
- join as a BWHR member and during your membership with us, such as contributing to our online forum and research activity (including membership surveys)
- apply for our products or services or register to attend one of our events;
- create an account on our website;
- subscribe to our service or publications;
- request marketing to be sent to you;
- enter or complete a competition, promotion or survey;
- carry out any transactions on our website;
- provide CV’s or other information about yourself for specific purposes; or
- give us some feedback.
Third parties. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties and public sources such as our business delivery partners, suppliers, sponsors, event organisers.
How We Use Your Data
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following situations:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests as set out or those of a third party and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- Where you have provided your consent to us to use your personal data in a certain way such as direct marketing by email.
- Where you, or permit selected third parties provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS or pop ups) with information about goods and services. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
Purpose For Which We Will Use Your Data
We have set out below, a description of all the ways we plan to use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate. We may also process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with this policy, where this is required or permitted by law.
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer or device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above.
How We Will Share Your Personal Data
We may share your personal information with any member of BWHR, which means our subsidiaries as defined in section 1159 of the UK Companies Act 2006.
- Specifically, we grant access to your personal information to IONOS and may transfer your personal information to IONOS, who host our site and who may process your personal data on our behalf.
- We may also share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you.
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site .
- payment service providers that assist us to take payments from you.
Where We Store Your Data
We share your personal data within the BWHR Group. In general the personal data that we collect from you will be stored at a destination within the UK or European Economic Area (EEA). However we may also transfer your data outside the EEA.
We take care to ensure the security of your personal data in use, storage and transmission and that it is only accessed by verified persons who have the necessary authority. All of our people who have access to your personal data are obliged to respect the confidentiality of this information and we deliver training to make sure this happens.
Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements. Unless required in connection with the purpose(s) for which it was collected and/or is processed, we remove your personal data from our records seven years after the date it was collected unless different retention periods apply, for example we will keep member data for 15 years after membership expiry in order to comply with requests for verification of membership status that are made to us.
However, if before that date (i) your personal data is no longer required in connection with such purpose(s), (ii) we are no longer lawfully entitled to process it or (iii) you validly exercise your right of erasure, we will remove or anonymise your personal data from our records at the relevant time.
Where we anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) we may use this information for research or statistical purposes indefinitely without further notice to you.
If you request to receive no further contact from us, we will keep some basic information about you on our suppression list in order to comply with your request and avoid sending you unwanted materials in the future.
You have the right to ask us not to process or to stop processing your personal data for marketing purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking or un-checking certain boxes on the subscription forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it subject to any exceptions that apply.
To assist us in processing your request, you will need to provide details of the information sought. Please describe, in as much detail as possible, the information you wish to have access to and if appropriate, any dates relevant to the information sought.